Thursday, March 24, 2011

Young Shaney : BOLT


This is Bolt. I think that was his name. I found this drawing that's dated 1993.When I was in grade 5, I created an Xmen rip off super hero team.
For some reason I didn't create a name for the team but it was lead by 2 brothers, Flammable, who had power too shoot fire out of any part of his body, and Bolt, who could shoot lightning. They were similar to the Cyclops and Havok relationship. I believe Bolt was a little bit of a loose cannon and was jealous of his brother because he was the true leader of the team. Eventually I was going to have Bolt leave to start his own team (a la X-Factor).
Now, my characters weren't the greatest but I think Bolt was the worst of the bunch. He was just a dude with long blond hair in a ponytail and a black costume with a yellow bolt across the chest. He's kind of an amalgamation of Havok, the Flash, Static & Black Lightning.

With these new drawings, I went with more of a cargo pant look as opposed to a one piece tight spandex thing that shows off his junk. I don't know why all these super heroes wear tight spandex pants. That's not cool.











2 comments:

heather said...

Don't be so hard on your grade five year old self. I think it was an admirable effort.

dylanio21 said...

These are my favourite posts by you man, I love them.