Thursday, March 24, 2011

Old Man, Look At My Life

So, I'm getting old.
I'll be 29 in a few weeks and although that's not OLD old, I've been thinking about how I'm embracing it as I become a bitter, old curmudgeon.

Here's 10 Reasons why I feel 'old',

10 - My humor is changing. I don't find the same things I used to love funny anymore & I'm starting to enjoy types of humor I never ever thought I would. I no longer enjoy these new episodes of Family Guy, the Simpsons, or Futurama. Maybe the writing isn't good anymore but maybe not. Now, I'm enjoying things I never thought I would like, King of the Hill & Dilbert.

9 - I enjoy talk radio. Now, I still enjoy music quite a bit but I find myself listening to a lot of talk radio, podcasts, audiobooks.

8 - I'm getting super interested in war. I'm reading all kinds of books, watching movies & documentaries on all types of war. The Civil War, the War of 1812, WWI, WWII, and especially Vietnam, I can't get enough. Pretty soon I'll start fabricating stories about being in 'Nam.

7 - I don't know any cool places. Most of the clubs or bars I used to go to aren't there anymore or have a different name. I say things like, 'We used to go to that club _____. Is that still around?'

6 - People get pissed when you call them after midnight. All my friends, we'd stay up late and do all kinds of fun stuff. Now, everyone has to get up early tomorrow.

5 - None of my friends will ever do things on a whim. Everyone needs a reason to go do something fun or go on a spontaneous roadtrip.

4 - The thought of sitting on a porch and yelling at kids to get off my lawn sounds pretty good to me.

3 - I can't really drink like I used to. I never use to get hangovers, then at about 25 I started getting them. After a night of drinking I used to be able to get up and go, now I need the whole next day to recover. The worst part is now I have a few beers, don't even get drunk and the next day I feel hungover. What's the hell is that?

2 - One day you wake up and realise that all your friends are on a softball team.

1 - This was the most eye opening for me. About a month ago, I bought an allergen-free, polyurethane, dustmite/bed bug resistant, top of the line, pillow cover & it made my day. I could not wait to get home to put this bad boy on my pillow. That's some old man business right there.

No comments: