Sunday, November 28, 2010

Top Christmas Movies

It's Christmas season and I have decided to tell y'all my favorite XMAS movies and I expect you to watch them sometime before December 25th.

Is that too much to ask?

I wanted to make a Top 10 but there's too many good ones, so here's a Top 15.

I also invite you to let me know if you think my fav's are crap and/or what you your list is?

15) Trapped In Paradise - I doubt many remember this one but it's a fun little xmas pic. Dana Carvey is great as the klepto.
14) Shrek the Halls - I have 2 little brothers & I'm not gonna lie, I love Shrek & Donkey. Give it a watch.
13) Elf - Worth it for Will Ferrell's monster burp at the dinner table.
12) Jingle All the Way - I feel like Arnold is a very underrated comedic actor. Add in some Sinbad plus a little Phil Hartman & ya got a good christmas classic.
11) How the Grinch Stole Christmas - I haven't watched the new live action version but I doubt it tops the classic cartoon.
10) Chronicles of Narnia : The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe - I was a huge fan of the book when I was a kid (still am) & I really liked the old BBC version, but this 2005 version with Tilda Swinton as the White Witch is just wonderful. It's almost a perfect film & it's has just enough Christmas in it.
9) Trailer Park Boys : XMAS Special - Because Christmas isn't about goin' to church and gettin' presents, it's about gettin' drunk & high with your friends.
8) Ernest Saves Christmas - You know what? I like Ernest movies & this Christmas one is great. I said it!
7) It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia : Very Sunny Christmas - The best show on TV and this xmas special is an instant classic. You see Danny DeVito completely naked, what else do you need?
6) A Christmas Story - It's really not Christmas unless you watch Ralphie shoot his eye out with his BB gun. Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra!
5) Scrooged - An updated Dickens with Bill Murray & Bobcat. It's brilliant.
4) Planes, Trains & Automobiles - Technically, this is a Thanksgiving movie, but c'mon. I actually bought the new edition where they've packaged it in red & green to make it seem more Christmasish. A 'holiday classic' if you will.
3) Home Alone 2 - Almost as good as the first.
2) Home Alone - Oh Kevin McCallister, you crack me up. Look what ya did ya little jerk!
1) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - I will be watching this, literally, about 15-20 times before the 25th of December and then maybe twice on that day. The Griswold family Christmas is really just the best Christmas movie of all time. 'Merry Christmas, shitter was full!'



No comments: