Saturday, April 17, 2010

Strikeforce : Nashville on CBS tonight

I've been skipping some Strikeforce cards with my fight picks because I find them to be very lopsided and it's just too esy to pick winners. Now, I won't be picking all or most of this card because I am not familiar with most of the fighters on the undercard and only the 3 Championship fights actually interest me. I am very actually very intrigue by these 3 matchups, hence the post.


Champ Jake Shields vs. Dan Henderson (for middleweight title) - I like Jake Shields but he isn't a middleweight, he is a top 10 welterweight. I could see Shields maybe submitting Hendo but more than likely, Hendo is gonna beat him up reall good. I won't be surprised by a TKO in rounds 3 or 4, but I'll take 'Decision' Dan by decision.



Champ Gilbert Melendez vs. Shinya Aoki (for Strikeforce lightweight title) - I love Aoki, & I am so happy he is fighting stateside but this doesn't look good for the #2 ranked lightweight in the world. Aoki's Japanese style Jiu-Jitsu is incredible to watch, & I would love to se him sub Gil but I can't pick him to win because of his chin. Melendez trains out of Caesar Gracie's camp & should know enough to stay out of submissions, his striking has gotten so much better & I can see him tagging Aoki & putting hium to sleep. Melendez by KO, rd. 1.




Champ Gegard Mousasi vs. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (for light heavyweight title) - This is fight that I'm most excited for. I really don't know how this plays out. Mousasi is such a naturally talented fighter but Mo is an amazing wrestler with a keen eye for his opponents styles and habits. I'm gonna pick based on experience and say that 'King Mo' is too green and Gegard will get the decision, but i"m not confident in either pick. I just hope it's a great fight.

No comments: