Monday, April 26, 2010

New York, New York + MoCCA - Part 1 : Friday

Here's my recap of our brilliant MoCCA/NY trip in 3 parts, Fri, Sat, & Sun. (NOTE: I forgot my camera in the hotel room most of the trip so these photos are courtesy of Joel, Catherine, & Lezley)

The crew was Lezley Davidson (Peeling Onions), my pal Catherine (just loves NY), myself, & my Awesome Marcus Ninja cohort, Joel Buxton.

We headed out by automobile on Friday April 9th @ 1am, and arrived in the 'Big Apple' around 9am for an early check in to our hotel. I love driving through upstate New York & Pennsylvania. We got to see the Lincoln Tunnel for the first time and to be honest, I wasn't that impressed. Although it was kinda like being in a racing video game.
We checked in to the hotel, made ourselves at home, got some food, rested up, then headed out to see some iconic NY sights. This city is pretty fuckin' dope. Everything is huge, cluttered, and amazing. I absolutely love all the architecture. They got those water tower things on tops of buildings, makes me think I'm gonna see Daredevil (sadly, I did not).

We got to see Carnegie Hall (Alvin & the Chipmunks played there. remember that?), Rockefeller Center, Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, a fraction of Central Park, & F.A.O. Schwarz toy store (also, I did see the giant piano in the floor, but I did not see Tom Hanks play 'Heart and Soul' on it).

My favorite part of the day was when we hit Times Square. It is absolutely awesome. I had always seen just that one iconic image and I didn't really know how big it was. Sometimes, in Toronto you hear people compare Dundas Square to Times Square. It isn't even close. Dundas Square is a joke. We also hit up Midtown Comics in Times Square. It is a very cool shop, comparable to Toronto's Silver Snail.

After some great sightseeing, we headed back to the hotel with some beers. I did not mention that this was my birthday, & my only request for my b-day was that we all go out to a karaoke bar & everyone has to sing a minimum of one song. That's not too much to ask is it?
Well, apparently it is. Lezley was tired and headed to bed early, so around midnight Joel, Catherine & I drunkingly stumbled to the Irish pub next to our hotel and had a couple 'popinski's'. Around 1:30am I convinced Joel & Cath to go to a karaoke bar nearby. I had quite a few drinks so my memories are hazy but I cannot understand why we did not go in and sing. Anyway, Joel, Lezley, & Catherine, all 3 of you assholes owe me a karaoke song!


part 2 tomorrow....

1 comment:

Milo said...

Pretty good report, sir, pretty good report.

Part 2 better have some fucking comics in it.