Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The hilarious Hangover !!!!!

The Hangover is my new favorite movie.

I don't go to the theatre often. I go maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I like to chat during movies (yeah, thats right, I'm that guy). I dont like going into a crowded theatre where I have to sit next to someone and be all cramped up like I'm on a non-moving rollercoaster for 2 hours.
Then I usually get into an argument because some dude will decide that he just wants the whole, REAL theatrical experience and my lame, fairly obvious comments are ruining that, so he'll say something like, "Do you mind? I can't hear the movie." and then I will say something like this, "Go sit somewhere else." or maybe just a, " Ah, fuck off. ".

But thats no good for anyone. Now, my shitty, lame comments will seem forced so they're no longer fun, but I don't want to stop saying them because he'll think he shut me up. So, then I just say shit to say shit but all the fun is gone.
this is why I'm not a fan of the movie theater experience ( Also, I can't fast forward ).

That being said, I did go to 'The Hangover' and it is so funny I would go to the theater twice for this hilarious comedy. That's right, I would risk it.

The Hangover is the funniest comedy in a long while. I would go as far as to say that it has bumped 'Hot Rod' as my favorite movie. I love it.
I'm not a fan of Zach Galifianakis' comedy, & other than Ed Helms (from the Office), I didn't recognize many actors. Sometimes, that's what makes a movie great, not knowing any of the actors so there is no expectation.
Everyone in the Hangover is hilarious. I love that it's not you standard formula of showing us a crazy bachelor party, it's all the reprecussions of dealing with it the next day & it's almost a mystery in trying to figure it out by retracing their steps and finding clues to why there is a tiger in the bathroom, a chicken running around the hotel room, a baby in the closet, why one of them is missing a tooth and wearing a wedding band, & most importantly, where the groom is.

Everytime these guys find out something it creates more questions, and most of the time the question is " What the fuck?"

I usually find that movies that are so mainstream are usually really lame. The Hangover is not.
I give it a BRILLIANT and I put it up there with my all time favorite comedies.





No comments: